Yoga is suitable for most people, no matter your fitness level, or level of health. The majority of the postural positions can be modified to suit your individual needs. In many ways, Yoga is all about listening to your body and doing what feels right for you.
You’ll probably know that Yoga originated in India and its origins have been traced back over 5000 years. It actually means the ‘union’ of the mind, body and soul. The health benefits are well known and people practice Yoga for many reasons, include;
- Strength, stamina and flexibility
- Balance and coordination
- Posture improvement and back care
- Relaxation and de-stressing
- To release tension
- Circulation improvement
- To improve digestion
- General mental well-being
Regular practice of Yoga helps one become physically fitter, mentally more alert, emotionally and personally more stable and confident about the challenges of daily life.
With 5,000 years of history there is a lot to say about Yoga but the best thing is to experience it for yourself!
Simply contact WeaverHouse to find out more about the next session and to reserve your place.
Today, Pilates is very popular all over the world, particularly with people new to regular class-based exercise.
The slow and controlled flowing movements primarily strengthen the core muscles that stabilize and support the spine. Pilates therefore helps realign the body and correct posture imbalance.
Pilates supports many therapies and treatments including Osteopathy and focuses on 8 key principles;
1. Awareness – Understanding our body’s strengths and weak areas
2. Breathing – Deep breathing from the rib cage
3. Centering – Focusing on core stability and strength
4. Concentration – Focus on movement
5. Flowing movement – Graceful and controlled movements
6. Quality – Correct alignment and position is vital
7. Relaxation – Releasing tension and anxiety to refresh mind and body
8. Stamina – Repetition of controlled movements strengthen the body
To experience the benefits of Pilates for yourself, please call us at WeaverHouse and reserve your place at our next Pilates class.